You have probably heard about popular skincare ingredients like hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, ceramides, etc. But do you know about beta-glucans? In this blog, we will dive more into beta-glucans benefits, and how you can incorporate them into your routine with our BAZZAAL product recommendations!
What are Beta-Glucans?
If you want to be technical with what beta-glucans are they are ‘polysaccharides’, which are multiple sugars, starch, and cellulose bonded together. These can be found in yeast, bacteria, fungi, seaweed, and grains (like oats).
But back to our point — beta-glucans are a humectant moisturizer that attracts water to the top layers of the skin. While it brings moisture to your skin barrier, it also helps decrease the look of wrinkles, redness, and irritation.
What are the benefits of Beta-Glucans?
So you’re probably thinking, what exactly are the benefits of this ingredient? Well, look no further as we provided a breakdown of what benefits this includes!
- Prevents damage: Helps prevent damage that is associated with aging or sun-exposed skin.
- Repairs skin: Based on studies, it also helps with the treatment of dermatitis, eczema, wounds, and burns.
- Barrier booster: As the molecules are linked together to form an undetectable layer, this boosts the natural barrier, protecting the skin from environmental stressors. In other words, if you are struggling with redness or irritation, trying out beta-glucans would be a great option.
- Boosts immunity: While beta-glucans provide moisture to your skin barrier, they can also fend off any encroaching bacteria that could damage it. They are stimulated by ‘macrophages’, which fight off the bacteria but also stimulate other immune cells to attack pathogens. But for those who have compromised skin barriers like eczema and dermatitis, beta-glucan can help fight viruses and pathogens that pass through your skin barrier. For this reason, they would be especially suitable for those who have dry, rough, or cracked skin.
- Deeply hydrate the skin: Helps lock in the hydration, and prevents moisture loss.
- Anti-aging effects: Since beta-glucan is a sugar molecule, it can have various receptors in your body, depending on where the molecule ends up.
- Plumps the skin: Even with it being a large-sized molecule, it deeply penetrates the top layer of your skin to effectively plump up the wrinkles and fine lines.
How can I use this in my routine?
Great news! For those who struggle with damaged skin and need some care, you can do a whole routine with beta-glucans. However, for those who don't, you should at least integrate them with one or more products to get the full hydration effect.
BAZZAAL Product Recommendations:
Specially made for acne-prone, oily, or sensitive skin, this treatment effectively provides treatment for breakouts! Its light gel texture is also infused with hydrating ceramide capsules that help restore the skin barrier.
For those wanting to relieve the dryness of the skin, this serum is your best bet! This light blue hydrating serum also contains hyaluronic acid which helps penetrate the skin and relieve the dryness deep inside the skin.
Another great serum choice that enhances your skin and provides hydration is this ampoule! Containing 85% of Neroli flower extract, this helps soothes and calm the skin with its anti-inflammatory properties while its skin-brightening properties help with dark spots.
In need of something quick but efficient with your routine? This rice pure gel and cream helps brighten, hydrate, and restore your skin barrier by customizing the gel-to-cream ratio based on your skin needs! Choose “Gel 2: Cream 1”, for a soothing and moisturizing morning routine that helps prep for makeup during the spring or summer. Or choose “Gel 1: Cream 2”, for a nourishing and strengthening skin barrier. Ideally, a skincare routine that revitalizes damaged skin overnight, during fall or winter.
For more BAZZAAL tips, tricks, and skincare hacks, follow our blog here!