Serums are one of the simplest ways to help boost your skin and target the concerns you need, but why does it seem like things aren’t working out? Whether you’ve been influenced by skincare TikTok or have been browsing online, you’re probably wondering if you’ll ever find the right one. In this blog post, we will break down skincare ingredients to look out for in these serums along with our product recommendations!
What should I look for in serums?
With so many different serums to choose from, it’s so easy to feel overwhelmed by your options. Here is a quick breakdown as to which ingredients work best for your skin type.
- Normal Skin: Normal skin types have the benefit of experimenting with different serums without having to worry too much about irritation. However, you can layer serums to address these skin concerns or swap out products based on seasonal or hormonal changes!
- Dry Skin: Look out for hyaluronic acid as it helps draw moisture from the air and into the skin.
- Oily Skin: Look out for niacinamide as it helps control oil production, excess sebum, and minimizes pore sizes.
- Combination Skin: Look out for hyaluronic acid and niacinamide as they could be used to balance out the dry and oily areas of your face.
- Acne-Prone Skin: Look out for salicylic acid as it helps unclog the pores while reducing inflammation and redness.
- Mature Skin: Look out for retinol or bakuchiol as it helps stimulate the production of collagen and elastin. Not to mention, it penetrates the skin more effectively when it’s applied as a serum.
- Sensitive Skin: Look out for calendula as it's strong enough to heal wounds and be gentle enough on the skin. The milk proteins and other botanical extracts like green tea can help soothe irritated skin, while lecithin can enhance your skin’s protective skin barrier.
- Dullness: Vitamin C brightens the skin and boosts its collagen production while deeply penetrating the skin barrier.
- Hyperpigmentation and Dark Spots: To even out your complexion try glycolic acid as it gently exfoliates and helps fade discoloration over time.
BAZZAAL Box Product Recommendations:
This lightweight serum is infused with hyaluronic acid and Hanbang, a Korean herbal medicine, to provide deep hydration and nourishment. It effectively brightens and moisturizes the skin, leaving it refreshed and radiant.
Oily Skin and Acne-Prone Skin:
This blemish treatment is specifically designed for acne-prone, oily, and sensitive skin, offering a reliable solution to combat breakouts and blemishes. Its lightweight gel texture is enriched with niacinamide and Ceramide capsules, which work to rejuvenate the skin's protective barrier.
Although this is a serum, this sheet mask, which was derived from a serum contains a moisture-rich serum that offers deep and lasting hydration for your skin. Consistent use of this mask can promote skin soothing, cooling, and increased hydration, potentially reducing sensitivity and redness.
This soothing ampoule has a light, milky texture that absorbs effortlessly into the skin, leaving no sticky residue behind. It's an ideal daily choice for hydrating, repairing, and nourishing the skin, addressing issues like sensitivity, dryness, dullness, and unbalanced skin.
Hyperpigmentation & Dark Spots:
This energizing ampoule contains an impressive 81.5% red beet extract for a radiant, hydrated complexion. Loaded with Betacyanin, Betaine, Anthocyanin, and Vitamins A, B, and C, this skincare superfood rejuvenates and moisturizes your skin.
For more BAZZAAL Box tips, tricks, and skincare hacks, check out our blog here!