While citrus is a sweet treat for the senses, it also is filled with skin-saving benefits such as brightening the skin, tightening the pores, and giving a nice glow. In this blog post, we will discuss the benefits of skincare products using citrus and BAZZAAL product recommendations!
Why do skincare products use citrus?
Believed to originate in South Asia, citrus fruits are full of nutrients beneficial for overall health and skincare. There are a couple of factors that citrus fruits contain high levels of antioxidants that work at the cellular level to neutralize any destructive molecules that can cause damage due to harmful UV rays. While on the other hand, they also contain high in Vitamin C. This antioxidant not only helps boost our immune system but prevents any premature signs of aging.
These include boosting collagen, brightening and evening the skin tone, and preventing hyperpigmentation. Overall, Vitamin C is an anti-aging powerhouse that can be found in so many skincare products.
What are the benefits?
Before we get into our BAZZAAL product recommendations, here is a quick breakdown of how each specific citrus contributes to your skincare routine!
- Grapefruit: Helps brighten, rejuvenate the skin, and fight off destructive molecules for anti-aging benefits.
- Lemon: While it is known to be the most acidic of citrus fruits, it is also highly effective in treating hyperpigmentation, brightening the skin, and fighting acne.
- Lime: Helps treat dark spots and acne, and brightens the skin.
- Mandarin: Improves skin tone and helps prevent sun damage.
- Orange: Known to be the least acidic of citrus fruits, it is also great for exfoliating and detoxifying the skin to achieve a smoother texture. Not to mention, it contains Vitamin C and E as well as antioxidants and zinc, which are perfect for acne-prone or oily skin types!
- Pomelo: Contains Enzymes, which help remove dead skin cells.
- Tangerine: Brightens and smooths the skin as well as prevent and treats acne.
BAZZAAL Product Recommendations
This gentle yet effective cleanser is formulated with natural ingredients, such as grapefruit, and essential vitamins to cleanse and nourish your skin. It effectively removes dirt, impurities, and makeup residue, leaving your skin fresh and clean without any tightness. The vitamin-rich formula helps brighten your complexion and promote a healthy skin barrier. To use, simply apply to a dry face, dispense a small amount of the cleanser, lather it up then rinse off with water.
This mask is formulated with a blend of essential vitamins, derived from lemon, to provide a nourishing and revitalizing boost to your complexion. It helps to brighten and even out your skin tone, while also providing deep hydration and improving your skin's texture. To use, simply apply a generous layer of the mask onto clean, wet skin, but be sure to avoid the eye and lip areas. Leave this on for 10-15 minutes, then rinse off with lukewarm water.
Rather than purified water, this ampoule contains 85% neroli (bitter orange) flower water which helps soothe and calm the skin with its anti-inflammatory properties. Not to mention, its skin-brightening ingredients are included to help brighten dark spots caused by blemishes. To use, apply this as a spot treatment to troubled areas after cleansing and toning. You can also use a moisturizer for extra moisture as well.
Do you like this post? For more BAZZAAL tips, tricks, and skincare hacks check out our blog here!